(817) 754-0465

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Lab Work
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:40 pm 

Let's revist the question that came up about lab work/flasking service/stem props and even mericlone services.

Who's doing good reliable work out there these days? I use to do my own work but had to move my lab equipment and don't have it set up now nor do I have time at the moment.

Always looking. Even if not for sale photos and names appreciated for lineage research.

Post subject: I would be interested
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:54 am 
Customer

to find out if anyone does their own meristemming, i.e cloning of Phals

I do the node props and seed work, but have been unsuccessful with cloning. But I have only tried via root tips so far

Would be grateful for any hints :)

Thanks, John

Post subject: Cloning
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

John -
From what I read, my understanding of mericlone vs stem propagation difference is the # of plants generated. It is best to work with nodes on stem to do mericlone. I have read about root tip, leaves to clone but they are said to be not as stable (i.e. flowers do not resemble the original plant). Are you thinking about cloning plants when stem is not available?

I would be interested to know how and how many times can you continue to slice, or poke the nodes from stem so that multiple growth can be created. It's still a time consuming process.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: What I noticed
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:37 pm 
Customer

is that not all plants will do well in multiplication medium. For instance my Sweet revenge grew a HUGE mass of undifferentiated tissue, but sat for months without doing anything... I ended up getting 6-10 plants per node, but I rather take 1-2 plants per node in less time :) Brother Lawrence grew from node to 2 inch plantlet (with roots) ready for individual pot in 6 months....

Stems are OK for cloning, but it would be nice to consistently get as many plants as wanted from that special $150 plant :lol:

Post subject: Finding A Lab That will Clone Using the Core of the Phal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:24 pm 
I am still looking for a laboratory that will let me pay them to clone a phal using the core of the plant (vs. using the nodes of a spike).

Can anyone give me any leads? We talk about the process all the time (I know I did), but then when I actually went out to find somone to do the lab work, I couldn't find a source! I want to make a large number of flasks.

Thanks!

John Gardner
rain.forest@starpower.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:00 am 

John, It is not neccessary to use the core of a phal for mericloning. Most commercial labs use a stem node to start a plant (leaf production) and then use that material to produce the number of mericlones desired. You may be able to get John Ewing in Oregon to do it for you as he is now set up to do custom cloning.

Post subject: Cloning techniques ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:25 pm 

Does anyone have a method of producing multiple reliable clones they can share,or an outline of the methods currently in use by the big labs.Mediums they use or anything else that might help.I have been doing props and seed as a hobby for 6 years,and have been messing around with bap and 2ip but without any spectacular results.
I came across a medium recipe containing HYPONEX commercial fertilizer but have been unable to find out anything more about it.
Can you help?
Rodney