(817) 754-0465

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New year, new member from UK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 am 

Hello and a Happy new year to all :text-happynewyear:

First login and thought id introduce myself. My name is Alje and i live in the South east of the United Kingdom.
Long time Phalaenopsis admirer and always had 1 or 2 around on windowsills over the years. But the P.Phalaenopsis bug has bit me recently and i now have 15 blooming size Phals and 3 seedling Phals, but am still very much an amateur/newbie indoor grower. For some reason i am drawn to French spot and Leopard type hybrids, something about the patterns i guess draws me in. Even better when they have colorful/patterned lips and callus.

During many hours internet searching this christmas holiday for beautiful Phals and where to get them online, I stumbled upon Peter Lin's post of Phalaenopsis Terradyne 'Mulligan' and that led me to Big Leaf orchids and forum.
I have already learnt much and hope to continue learning from all the knowledgeable growers and their posts here.
I hope my hybrid growing attempts will be successful and rewarded with healthy plants and many beautiful lasting flowers.

My ultimate goal would be to source a P. Terradyne 'Mulligan' and produce flowers as beautiful as the ones Peter Lin has posted, just stunningly beautiful. Pattern, colour, and form. (Any pointers as to who still cultivates them would be much appreciated as it seems like several of the best Orchid nurseries have unfortunately ceased trading in recent years).

In the meantime i will loiter here and expand my knowledge and do my best with the beauties i have.
Wishing you all a happy and rewarding new year.

Alje
:evilbat:

Post subject: Re: New year, new member from UK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm 

Welcome to Peter's forum.

You will find this forum to be frequented by people who are most gracious and kind; you will likewise find Peter to be a purveyor of both plants and information like few I have seen in 45+ years of growing orchids.

Best of luck to you, and your Phals., in the coming year!

Walton

Dorothy Parker