(817) 754-0465

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: phal. violacea magenta wu
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:44 am 

bought this one from schwerter in germany during feb. already it has one opened flower and another on the way fast :)

https://mega.nz/#!1MUUlTLS!dX3CkWkll6Pi6Sw-481s8466VH2uexfdfGnIaQQelyo

Post subject: Re: phal. violacea magenta wu
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:47 am 

btw, how do i make pictures show like a preview from another hosting service, so i don't have to compromise on image size when uploading here, or just post a link like i just did?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:08 pm 

Anders --

That is truly a very fine cultivar. Very fine.

As to posting, I will leave that to Peter and others, but...once you learn the steps, the posting of photographs is not hard. I have not learned how to post larger photos, but I do know this:

When you type any response on this Forum, you will see, below, a note that reads, "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below." Just below and to the right of this, there is a click-on tab called, "Browse." This will take you to your "home" of photos if you have it on your desktop in particular. Just click on the image from whatever its home file is, then on the lower line on this Forum when you want to post a picture, click on "Add the file." If the photo is too large (and mine always are...) you will have to make a smaller copy and start over with "Browse," etc. Just keep trying and listen to Peter and others who will hopefully give better advice soon...I am just sending this now because your effort...and cultivar are worthy of this humble reader.

Walton

Dorothy Parker

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

It's simple to share and display your image that is uploaded to 'another website'.

You will need to know the address URL to your image.

For example

http://<your website>/<your picture>.JPG

Then click on the [Img] button. And place your URL in between the img tags.

Found a Youtube video on how to add photo to phpbb forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAEA2R7cgo

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:50 am 
Site Admin

Hi Anders,
Really beautiful flower! I got the same from Schwerter, must be same batch, but I doubt it is pure violacea. Mine even has slight traces of trichomes on its lip...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flickr!
Album Homepage

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm 

Naturegirl

I bought mine from schwerter aswell, i believe they are from joseph wu, who i heard takes their buisness pretty seriously, i got severel plants from them directly, that i hope i can keep alive until they bloom. I dont take it that seriously about the genetics, aslong as the flower has that shape. although i have seen hints of trichomes before on violacea's, i think its possible for that spicies to show a little "trichomes" occasionally... mine has just opened its second flower today, but of all the hybrids and pure violaceas i have, this one has the clearest smell of violacea of them all...

Yours has really beautifull color.

Walton and pete

Thanks! I'll try ot tomorrow so you can se it with the second flower opened

Best wishes

Anders

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm 

here it is

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm 

naturegirl72 wrote:
Hi Anders,
Really beautiful flower! I got the same from Schwerter, must be same batch, but I doubt it is pure violacea. Mine even has slight traces of trichomes on its lip...

did you go there and pick it up your self? because then you should do my next schwerter shopping spree for me, and mail a box from germany to denmark :D it looks more indigo than magenta to me, sadly i can't find it in the shop on schwerters site anymore, so i think they sold out. good thing i got 6x ld 144 from joseph wu directly, plus 2x ld 145, which should be indigo and the ld144 also has chance of really dark color...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Anders,
I don't want to go to deep into that topic. But to me a pure violacea just doesn't have trichomes and I would never take this one to register a cross. I cannot imagine this batch was bought from Joseph directly - it wouldn't have been that "cheap" - I think it was a sowing of some kind and some nursery / hybridizer calles the clone "'dark red Wu".
Besides these thoughts I love this flower a lot and I enjoy its beauty. I really like yours, too.
I am living an about 65km drive away from Schwerter and I am there about once a month. So if I can ever be of help - just let me know. It is not problem. Next time I visit I can check if there are plants from this batch left. As soon as the number falls below 20 pieces they take crosses / species out of the online shop.
You can write via PN if you like :D

Best greetings from Germany!

Flickr!
Album Homepage