Hello from Tampa, Florida USA

Introduce yourself and about your orchid growing setup and experience.
DeafOrchidLover

Post by DeafOrchidLover » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi to ya all orchids lovers,
Hi This is DeafOrchidLover. I am currently owner of 4 orchids... Since may10th, at first it was a gift from my mom. I used to own couple phalaenopsis 10-12 years ago and didn't live, Yep, I was devastated and vow not to get it again. My mom gave me big white moth flower Phalaenopsis, surprisly I could take care and keeping it alive, instead of killing it... Yippie! I sure was soooo overjoyed and felt so super good and of course, big whew!!! I end up getting other two Phalaenopsis , and last I got is Paphiopedilum Maudrie , and it's in bud, hasn't fully bloom. Tapping my fingers, heh!
Somehow, I came across to see your website of big leaf orchids, with small stem along with beautiful waxy-alike flowers. I admit, I fell in love with them, and would love to own few... Soo beautiful!!!!
Yes, I do talk well, grew up in hearing world. I do sign, too as America sign languages. I do wear hearing aids, and can hear well when it's quiet surrounding. German Sheperd is my hearing assistance, best dog of my life!!!
Truly yours,
DeafOrchidLover
Looks like I have to learn how to use those forums n figure out how to add pics, I couldn't add pics because it's too big.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rangiku

Re: Hello from Tampa, Florida USA

Post by rangiku » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Welcome to the forums, DeafOrchidLover. Be forewarned: waxy star-shaped, colorful, and fragrants Phals found here are extremely addictive. :lol:

I believe the 2015 International Phalaenopsis Alliance Symposium will be back in Orlando next year. See you there! :)

DeafOrchidLover

Post by DeafOrchidLover » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 am

Thank you very much! Oh really, next year 2015, yes I would love to go there, which is about a hour n half drive. I am going to orchid show/sale on first weekend of October. I hope they do have phal hybrid which I plan to buy. It will be at St. Petersburg. Keep me update.
My Paph maudrie red , I couldn't upload the picture, oh well. :( (Picture too big). I have to reduce the size somehow. Have a good day!

naturegirl72
Site Admin

Post by naturegirl72 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :text-welcomewave:
Bye-Bye, Sylvi & Olaf Image

Flickr!
Album Homepage

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Welcome.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

rdlsreno
Customer

Post by rdlsreno » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum!!!! :text-welcomeconfetti:

Ramon :D

rangiku

Post by rangiku » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Not to be an enabler :cough: but Peter will be a speaker and vendor at the International Slipper Symposium held in Orlando October 29-November 2, 2014. Looks like Peter will be speaking on Saturday, November 1.

http://www.slippersymposium.com/
http://aos.org/images/img_content/PDFs/ ... 072314.pdf

DeafOrchidLover

Post by DeafOrchidLover » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:47 pm

It says Friday Peter speaking at 10:50 am. Wow he will be bringing his phal hybrid... :). Sounds tempting and it'd be honor meet him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Thank you Adrienne. I'm not a vendor at this function. So I will have time to meet with everyone there.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

rangiku

Post by rangiku » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:44 am

aw that is too bad you're not a vendor but it does make it much easier to speak with orchid lovers at length.

DeafOrchidLover

Post by DeafOrchidLover » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:11 pm

I end up having 11 orchids now... Two phal species from Krull Smith and two dif orchids that my husband likes very much. Dendroium anosmum (baby one, 6 inches tall) and brassovola cordata, (baby orchid) I bought it for him. He likes fragrance orchids. I need to find one orchid for my mom as a late birthday gift and probably get me other phal species from Big Leaf at Orlando orchid show this fri or Saturday, either day! I do have a serious orchid bug. Smack my face and help me to awake in this reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian Bilyeu
Customer

Post by Brian Bilyeu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 am

I think it's too late for that, and we have a non-violence code--except with our toothpicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Introductions”