Orchid Admirer From Miami, FLA

Introduce yourself and about your orchid growing setup and experience.
Tigerpaw13

Orchid Admirer From Miami, FLA

Post by Tigerpaw13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am a graduate student in Miami. I spend a lot of downtime with my orchids and ferns. Sometimes I just take the ferns directly from my yard and grow them in vases inside my home and occasionally grow orchids outside on trees. My phals tend to do well outside but I always fear they will be neglected if I don't see them every single day. Anyway, I am happy to have found a great place to educate myself about Phals.... I am grinning over the thought of these beautiful plants!

This coming Friday I will visit an orchid fair, which I will be sure to post photos of!

Best,

JR

WaltonInlet

Re: Orchid Admirer From Miami, FLA

Post by WaltonInlet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:47 am

Welcome to Peter's Forum. Indeed, if you need an answer about Phals., you will either find it already posted here, or can get the answer from Peter and his herd of true experts.

As an aside, I envy your ability to grow on trees outside. I know the Miami family Marcellini (they live just a few miles from the Fruit and Spice Park) and I have always admired their gardens and envied their ability to grow outside year-around. They are very meticulous about where they place plants for best growing and viewing -- this borders on a hobby-within-a-hobby! I'm guessing that you are the same way...

Best regards,
Walton
"Constant use has not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship." 

Dorothy Parker

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am

Welcome. Looking forward to your photos. There is Tamiami orchid show this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

RandyT
Customer

Post by RandyT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am

Aloha from Hawaii.

Brian Bilyeu
Customer

Post by Brian Bilyeu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:37 am

Welcome. There are great orchid shows every year in your area. Try to make Redlands in May if you can. I would!

Return to “Introductions”