Where are you from?

Area for discussion of any topics. Introduce yourself to other members.

Where are you from?

Africa
1%
Asia
5%
Europe
29%
North America
62%
South and Central America
3%

Total votes: 119

Ben Belton
Customer

Where are you from?

Post by Ben Belton » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 pm

In just the last 2 years this forum has gone from mainly an American forum to becoming very international. I think its great! Different areas of the world seem to bring a different perspective, experience, and ideas about Phals.

So where are you from? Vote on your continent, and make a post telling us more specifically where you are located.
Carpe Diem

rangiku

Re: Where are you from?

Post by rangiku » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Suburban Boston, MA. Found my way here from the sticky over at http://www.orchidboard.com.

CHRYSS

Post by CHRYSS » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 am

Silver Spring, Maryland. Part of Washington, D.C. metropolis !
CHRYSS

TheBlazingAugust
Customer

Post by TheBlazingAugust » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:52 am

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada! I found this sight while looking for pictures of a Phal. Penang Girl. I then lurked for a ridiculously long time, looking through dozens and dozens of pages of phals. I then decided it was time to join, so I sent Peter an email, and joined!
Love is Love is Love is

~Cody~

doreen

Post by doreen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi All:

I was born in Canada, grew up (and aged) in California before we retired up here in Clackamas, Oregon.

Doreen VDT

Marcjanna

Post by Marcjanna » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm

A small village with a bit funy name in the middle of Chojnowski National Park, Mazovia, about 30 km to Warsaw, Poland. Every year when it starts snowing I have some problems with going to work ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Marcjanna on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Villu

Post by Villu » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 am

I'm from Tallinn, capital of Estonia on the east coast of the Baltic Sea. I mean Europe! ;) Very windy, short mild summers, cold snowy winters. Still love it!

I become a member of this forum about a year ago. Too many google queries on phalaenopsis hybrids led to this site I had no access to... At last I collected all my courage and made an application to Peter to become a member and discover all the "secrets" of this great forum.

Tallinn-view by Villu, on Flickr

suri85

Post by suri85 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 am

Born and raised in Jakarta, capital city of Indonesia, original home of many Phal species (One of our national flower is Phal amabilis, next to Jasmine and the rare carrion flower Rafflesia arnoldii). My father was involved in the building of an orchid garden and when I was small my father had a small Dendrobium hybrid collection but gave it up after he was too busy to take care of it

When I was 17, I moved to Perth, Western Australia to continue my studies. When I was there, I started to try growing some orchids (the case of an apple doesn't fall far the tree). After almost 8 years, I returned to Jakarta in 2010. Found this forum when casually browsing for photos of Phal violacea alba and coerulea

LEGAC

Post by LEGAC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:08 am

100% french product (1/2 Bourgogne, 1/2 Bretagne), born in Bourgogne (in the capital of Bresse chicken. "THE" chicken with blue legs, a masterpiece of French gastronomy), grew up in Paris and then in Orléans (100km south from Paris) for work since 20 years. The "old" Orléans, the city liberated by Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc) in may 1429 during the "100 years war". We were a little upset against the English. 116 years (1337 to 1453), it was a serious quarrel ! :lol:

And Jeanne d'Arc house, it's not so sure but it's good for tourism ! 8)

Last edited by LEGAC on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregor

Post by gregor » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 am

I was born and grew up in the "Ruhr-area", Germany.
The "Ruhr-Area" is the biggest conurbation in Germany.
Best regards,
Gregor

Saphir

Post by Saphir » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

I'm also from Germany, more precisely said from Saxony, then moved to Heidelberg and then to the 'Ruhr area' Gregor mentioned. Lately, I moved around again but I'm still living pretty close to where he lives. :D

paphman910

Post by paphman910 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 pm

I was born and raised in Victoria, BC Canada!

Paphman910

swillis
Customer

Post by swillis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 pm

The US Pacific Northwest, more specifically-the very green :mrgreen: , very beautiful :painting: , very weird :shocked!: , Portland, Oregon. By the way, it's pronounced "Oragun." :2gunfire:

I'm impressed with the great photos from around the globe. Lots of beautiful places to live out there!

Stephanie

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:20 pm

I come from Germany. I live in a small town in Bavaria near munich :)
greets Anita

naturegirl72
Site Admin

Post by naturegirl72 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:51 pm

I was born three kilometers from the French border - close to Saarbruecken. I feel a little bit like a French - German 'cause my hometown was French for a while after World War II and we still have many French words in our dialect. ;)
At the moment I live in North Rhine Westphalia - Hochsauerland together with my husband and our daughter on an old manor dating from the 14th century. The house we live in was the old forester's lodge.

Bye-Bye, Sylvi & Olaf Image

Flickr!
Album Homepage

Return to “Open Discussion”