How to resize your photos

Area for discussion of any topics. Introduce yourself to other members.
peterlin
Site Admin

How to resize your photos

Post by peterlin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello Peter,

How do you make smaller pictures like you use on your Website? I guess you call them thumbnail pictures. I was trying to send some pictures to a friend and he said they were too big to open and view very well.

He wanted me to send them only smaller. I don't know how to do it and thought you probably could help me.

I do it two ways. Easiest is on my iphone 5 that I took pictures. From photo viewers, I would select pictures that I want to email. It would ask me what size of pictures I would like to send.

2nd way is that I would download the pictures to my computer and use a Resize picture program to make smaller copies of the photos. Then I would send the smaller pictures as attachments.

Image Resizer for Windows
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

Hera
Customer

Re: How to resize your photos

Post by Hera » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Does it allow you to save an original size picture? Also do you know if it is compatible with Picasa. I could never figure out how to resize in Picasa so this could be useful.

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 am

Hera wrote:Does it allow you to save an original size picture? Also do you know if it is compatible with Picasa. I could never figure out how to resize in Picasa so this could be useful.

Yes, you can either overwrite the original and make a copy. With Picasa, you could synch smaller files (ones reduced in size with this program) and make uploading faster.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

Hera
Customer

Post by Hera » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks, I downloaded it last night. Now I'll have to play with it.

Return to “Open Discussion”