My Phal Orchid set up

Use this forum to show how you display your flowering Phalaenopsis. This can be techniques, photos of display for an orchid show, or flower arrangement you made for an individual plant.
DcDyanamic

My Phal Orchid set up

Post by DcDyanamic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 am

I have a Screened in porch that my orchds live outside in year round. (If we have a night below 30 degrees we bring them in for the night.) Not a often occasion for sunny SW Florida. All of my orchids face East I have 2 separate set ups and one orchid in my decorated pepper tree out back. Only issue with having them outside is a family of fruit rats got inside my porch and ate a lot of orchids leaves. Surprising because none of the orchids seem to have been effected all are in full swing bloom. My largest one I think is going to have over 100 blooms on it the year and possible 50 or more at the same time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

doreen

Re: My Phal Orchid set up

Post by doreen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:06 am

The eastern exposure is a good thing for phalaenopsis. When I live in southern California I had an abundance of out door growing area. Not the case here in Oregon, I now grow all my phals. under fluorescent lighting.

naturegirl72
Site Admin

Post by naturegirl72 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:53 am

Wow your big white Phal. Hybrid is flowering like crazy - congrats!
Bye-Bye, Sylvi & Olaf Image

Flickr!
Album Homepage

DcDyanamic

Post by DcDyanamic » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you.

Return to “Phalaenopsis Displays”