Phal Tzu Chiang Balm 'C#1' BM/TOGA

Topics on phalaenopsis breeding, What are you looking to create?
peterlin
Site Admin

Phal Tzu Chiang Balm 'C#1' BM/TOGA

Post by peterlin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Phal Tzu Chiang Balm 'C#1' BM/TOGA (An Tai Jade X Stone Dance) - this is an interesting art-shade multi-flower with great fragrance. It is the reason that my friend Peter2004 made this cross - Phal. Zheng Min Archaeopteryx = (P.Tzu Chiang Balm x P.Chang Maw Evergreen) .

After being inspired by Peter's cross, we have used this flower and crossed it with a colorful Phal lueddemanniana 'Tony', hoping to create more fragrant colorful phalaenopsis.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

suss16
Customer

Re: Phal Tzu Chiang Balm 'C#1' BM/TOGA

Post by suss16 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm

I am glad my pollen got to do some work! The plant has been celibate in my greenhouse.

Good luck on the cross!

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:36 pm

suss16 wrote:I am glad my pollen got to do some work! The plant has been celibate in my greenhouse.

Hey Tony,
your plant needs to go out more. :-) This was on the pod for 167 days so I am hoping for germination.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

Whalloper

Post by Whalloper » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:23 pm

that sounds like a wonderful cross with phal leudd!!! Can you give us an update?

jpowellcreative

Post by jpowellcreative » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 am

peterlin wrote:After being inspired by Peter's cross, we have used this flower and crossed it with a colorful Phal lueddemanniana 'Tony', hoping to create more fragrant colorful phalaenopsis.
How did this cross turn out? Surely it must have bloomed by now? Thanks!
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter." (Proverbs 25:2 NKJV)

- Orchids are like a marriage, they require investment, patience, and improve with age.

Bob
Customer

Post by Bob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

I have 2 seedlings that survived out of a compot of about 5 plants x Lueddemanniana 'Tony' that you asked about. They only have a 6.5 inch leafspan and have been slow growers. I haven't seen any flower photos of this hybrid either and was wondering if anyone else bloomed this yet. I lost the other seedlings due to mites. It looks like it will be at least another couple years before mine bloom if I don't kill them.

peterlin
Site Admin

Post by peterlin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

I took a photo of a large flowering seedling. Let me try to find it when I get a chance. Lueddemanniana is quite dominate.
Peter Lin, Admin
Big Leaf Orchids

Return to “Hybridizing, Trends”